1. Unplug your router/modem, wait 60 seconds then plug back in.
2. Once the device is powered on check the lights.
a. If you have a Zhone model these lights will be on or flashing: blue z, WAN, CONFIG, INTERNET, 2.4, and 5.8.
b. If you have a white Zhone model these lights will be on or flashing: Power,
c. If you have a black Comtrend model these lights will be on or flashing: Power, 2.4GHz, 5GHz, and Internet. ETH 1-4 will have lights if there are devices plugged into those ports.
d. If you are having trouble identifying your router/modem, see pictures on page 2 for reference.
3. Switch Wi-Fi connections
a. If you are on 2.4GHz switch to 5GHz or vice versa.
4. Test Wi-Fi connection across different devices, if one device connects to your network and the other does not then the issue lies with the disconnected device.
5. Move closer to the router, or if possible move router to an elevated position to increase Wi-Fi signal.
What to do if you are connected to Wi-Fi but have no Internet access
1. Restart your modem, router, and device
a. Restarting your modem and router is generally the first step to fixing your connection issues. This will usually fix most issues you could be experiencing.
2. To restart your equipment, unplug the power cable for 60 seconds and plug it back in. The equipment will take a few minutes to reboot.
a. Another helpful tip is to restart the device you are using as well.
3. Check your cables and wires
a. Wires and cables can become loose or damaged from stress. The cord to your modem is either a coaxial cable (the same used for cable TV), an Ethernet cable, or a fiber cable.
b. Make sure cables are connected. Ethernet and phone cables should click when they are fully inserted into a socket. Coaxial cables should be screwed on snugly.
i. If you have a fiber connection do not unplug any fiber cables and instead contact our office.
c. Check for damage, see if the cable looks torn or chewed by a pet. Ethernet and phone cables are especially prone to damage, as the copper wires inside are very thin.
When should you contact FiberHawk?
If you are uncomfortable troubleshooting by yourself or have completed all troubleshooting steps and the problem remains, then please contact the office @ 7659227916 or 765922HAWK (4295).